Senior Professional Engineer - MEP
Location: Downstate New York
Senior Mechanical P.E. needed for a major developer and proprietor of upscale commercial office buildings in downstate New York.
Established for nearly 60 years, this company’s clients include major corporations in finance, insurance, defense, and information technology. They offer a very stable, satisfying and rewarding work environment, with a variety of interesting projects.
Compensation: $150 - 170K, depending on experience level
Will lead engineering team and oversee all MEP projects, ranging from new construction to building restorations. Responsibilities will include:
• Lead completion of permit ready MEP designs for large commercial building projects. Design process includes specification and design of all HVAC, plumbing, and control systems.
• Manage construction administration for ongoing projects including responses to requests for information, client revisions, equipment submittals and plan reviews.
• Perform site visits and field investigations to verify existing conditions of project sites and to resolve installation issues.
• Work directly with clients to determine overall project needs and design considerations.
• Effectively manage design projects through clear, consistent communication to meet client requirements, project schedules, and budget
• Must be a Mechanical Engineer with P.E. License in the State of New York.
• Minimum of 12+ years of applicable experience.
• Proficiency with MEP design and project management for large commercial buildings.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines consistently.
• Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to achieve results.
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
This is a unique chance to join a stable and rewarding work environment, and lead an ongoing variety of interesting projects.