Senior Mechanical Engineer - Machine Design
Location: Portland, Oregon
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a leading developer of high speed, precision automated machinery designed for microelectronics and semiconductor fabrication. Renowned for innovation, this company's unique products are recognized as best-in-class and sold worldwide.
Position encompasses leading design and development of new products as well as enhancement of existing products. Responsibilities will also include developing new technology roadmaps and defining technical aspects of business strategies as related to product design and development.
• Consult with Product Managers and others to understand product needs, and use this information to write product specifications for new features;
• Perform competitive and market analysis to understand product direction and give recommendations regarding possible features to implement;
• Evaluate available technologies that may be useful for product features needed in software products;
• Participate in review of technical engineering documentation, such as architecture and design specifications;
• Assist in design and review of test plans to ensure system test adequately verifies new product features;
• Review user and technical documentation created by others to confirm consistency with product requirements.
• Minimum BSME (or relevant degree) and 8+ years of applicable experience.
• Strong analytical skills and background in precision machine design.
• Experience with automated high speed small parts handling and motion control systems.