Power Electronics Engineers
Locations: Multiple Engineering Centers in Alabama, Arizona, Texas
Power Electronics Engineers needed for a leading U.S. technology company. Will be a key member of an advanced development team, designing and architecting power conversion systems involving complex power circuitry.
Company has an established reputation for excellence, and provides a technically challenging and rewarding environment. They offer a wide variety of in-depth projects and technology applications.
Positions range from Senior to Principal level.
Generous relocation is provided.
Compensation: 155 to 190K, depending on experience level
• Design power conversion circuitry utilizing isolated and non-isolated power conversion topologies, emphasizing onboard mounted power end use applications
• Architect circuit card assembly-level power schemes
• Analyze power converter performance using circuit simulation and hand analysis techniques
• Guide ECAD staff through PWB layout of power circuitry
• Perform high level thermal analyses of critical power components
• Design power converters to meet a set of requirements, and assist in defining those requirements
• Minimum BSEE (or relevant degree)
• Experience with analog design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits
• Strong knowledge of linear converters, and non-isolated converter topologies (buck, boost, buck-boost)
• Familiar with circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades
• Proficient with simulation, analysis and design tools (such as SIMPLIS, MathCAD, DxDesigner, Hyperlynx, or similar tools)
• Capable of guiding circuit card layout for power conversion functions
• Knowledgeable with thermal and EMI concerns
This is a unique chance to join a challenging and rewarding work environment, and participate in development and implementation of an ongoing variety of new technologies.