Manager of Engineering Utilities System Planning
Manager of Engineering Utilities System Planning needed for a rapidly growing Electrical Utility. Recognized for superior system reliability, this utility deploys the latest in modern technology and equipment.
Position is responsible for directing operations of system planning, land acquisition, distribution and transmission line design functions, and ensuring distribution facilities are designed and constructed in accordance with established standards and specifications. Additionally responsible for directing, coordinating and evaluating employees in the engineering design and system planning unit.
Located in Florida, company offers a streamlined and dynamic environment, with solid financial resources and a long-standing reputation for excellence.
Compensation: $120 - 140K plus 16% annual bonus. Full Relocation is provided.
• Minimum BSEE (or relevant degree) and 10+ years in electric utility planning and operations with an emphasis on system planning and transmission and distribution design.
• Minimum of 5 years in a management/supervisory position, directing multiple individuals and functions.
• Thorough knowledge of transmission and distribution line design, utility and NESC specifications, mechanical line design calculations, and design guides and costs.
• Experienced with MS Office products and distribution/transmission design software. Knowledgeable with GE Design Manager or similar computer aided design software is preferred.
• Strong project management experience, with a sense of urgency.
• Effective leadership and communication skills are essential.